Thursday, November 8, 2007

I value your input

I was sitting here today, brooding over the fact that I'm going to miss the Iowa/Minnesota game, and I got to thinking - what about the gameday experience annoys me? What's tired? What's played?

Specifically, I was thinking how I shake my head a little every time they crank Start Me Up over the loudspeakers before a kickoff.

Tired. Played.

Jangling keys during a kickoff?

Tired. Played.

The people who sit 10 rows behind me who once last season shouted "HALF THE DISTANCE TO THE GOAL!" when the other team was penalized while on the Iowa 2 yard line and have proceeded to do it for every opposition penalty since that point?

Tired. Played.

What do you like about being at a live football game? What do you wish would go away permanently?

(Iowa 23, Minnesota 17, in case you wondered.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things I like:
- The ambiance
- Crisp fall air
- The roar of the crowd
- The marching band
- Thinking my neighbor's breath smells like booze, and knowing he's thinking the same thing about me
- Ice cream & cake
- The sun shining on my face

Things that are a drag:
- Guys that feel they have to stand up and lead their section in a 'THAT'S ANOTHER...IOWA HAWKEYE....FIRST DOWN!' cheer everytime Iowa gets a first down
- Guys that feel they have to do the trumpet cheer with their voice, thinking they're cool
- The 2 sections in the NW corner that do to I-O-W-A IOWA! IOWA ! IOWA! cheers
- Down in front guy/gal
- No money in my pocket
- Holes in my shoes
- The sun shining on my face

I wonder what Rusty Dennis would think of this poem. Hell, she'd probably tear up my baseball cards and do some smack...maybe a couple lewds. At least Gar & Dozer would be there to set her straight.

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.classyconsignmentslagrange.com/ - generic acomplia
Prior to getting yourself this drug, ensure that the website you want to buy Acomplia from is licensed and authorized by the government.
[url=http://www.classyconsignmentslagrange.com/]purchase acomplia online[/url]
No prescription!
At present, Acomplia is probably the most pioneering pharmaceutical.
acomplia buy uk
Additionally, this drug tends to get damaged if exposed to the direct sunlight, humidity/moisture or heat.