Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm alive!

I was driving home tonight when a random song popped into my head. I was listening to some SIZZLING public radio, so I'm not sure where it came from, but as I turned onto First Avenue suddenly "Walking in Memphis" was rattling around in my noggin.

Normally, when a song enters my brain of its own accord, I get angry and do everything at my disposal to drive the tune away.

This time...I settled back and enjoyed the ride. I always liked the line "Tell me are you a Christian, child / I said, 'Ma'am I am tonight'"

This made my ride home enjoyable, until "Walking in Memphis" turned into "These Boots (Are Made For Walking)", at which point I yanked the wheel into the nearest g** d***ed tree in order to end it all.

Not really, but man, it was tempting.

How the heck are all of you? I saw someone pointing out that they were not yet invited to my wedding. Fear not, friends - NO ONE has been invited to my wedding as of yet. The Bibguy will be lucky to get an invitation at all, as I received no invitation to his day of wedded bliss.

My fiance tells me that at some point, I should be assembling a crack team of groomsman to stand at the front of the church and do nothing during the ceremony. I will be assembling this team in the coming weeks. Don't worry, friends who get suckered into this duty - I've done it many times myself, and I've got LOTS of pointers to hand out.

Mmm. Now I'm actually listening to "Walking in Memphis." My day is complete.

No comments: