Friday, September 28, 2007

Baseball?

That loud beeping you hear every night is the Chicago Cubs baseball club desperately trying to back into the playoffs.

That loud hacking noise you hear is the Milwaukee Brewers professional club of baseball players trying to choke away the chance to pass the Cubs.

The magic number is 2. 3 to play. Were it any other team in baseball, I'd be all fired up. It being the Cubs, I know it'll be all too easy to let this slip away.

I'm just not sure the Brewers will let them get away with folding like a cheap suit.

Update: The Cubs sacked up and managed to win a game, which was all that was needed to finish off those pesky Brewers. Playoffs here we come!

Like most Cubs fans, I'll believe the Cubs are in the World Series when Game 1 of the series is an official game and the Cubs are one of the participants. Not even winning the NLCS would convince me the Cubs were actually going. Also, like most actual Cubs fans, I don't believe this is "the year", based on the fact that the other three teams in the NL playoffs are "better" than the Cubs. Finally, like all Cubs fans, that doesn't mean I don't secretly, deep down inside, keep telling myself, "They're in the playoffs! Anything can happen!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did the Cubs acquire Steve Trachsel again?

It looks to me like the Cubs thought they had this wrapped up when they left Wrigley.

Swept by Florida?!? Are you freaking kidding me?

Can't wait for the series against Cincinnati!

Your RHS said...

And, as usual, when the RHAs are at their most pessimistic about the Cubs, they go out and clinch.

TWO WHOLE DAYS TO RELAX AND CELEBRATE!

THIS FAVORS IOWA!