Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Simpsons



*** out of *****

I would have thought 1997 a more appropriate and opportune release window for The Simpsons Movie than 2007, but hey - I'm just a lowly worker in "the biz", and the folks at Fox are very very smart.

Very very very smart.

And talented! So talented they produced half a Simpsons movie that lived up to - nay, exceeded - expectations. I have to admit that the first hour or so of the movie tickled my funny bone in a way I thought it would never be tickled by the Simpsons again.
I even downloaded a Spider Pig ringtone - the Hans Zimmer overly dramatic movie score version, thank you very much - because I LOVED THAT PIG.

Once the family moved to Alaska...eh. It was OK, but nothing special.

In fairness to the folks who made the movie, I thought the shelf life of such a project had expired long ago, and expected very little from them. As it stands, I was entertained, and that's always a Good Thing.

I'm still wondering why Ahh-nuld was president in the movie, and not Ranier Wolfcastle, but that's a mild quibble at best.

A bigger quibble - what happened to the pig? Enquiring minds want to know!

1 comment:

Saravá! said...

THANK YOU!

My Simpsons Movie experience is complete (or at least until I know what Ose thought)!!!!!!