Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Special Sauce Indeed

I had an underwhelming experience with a "legendary" local restaurant the first time I went, but kept hearing from people, "No! You just caught them on a bad night! Try it again!"

So I did try it again, and it was better. I went back yet again and enjoyed myself. The memories of that first visit was really starting to fade.

Those trips have come to an end for a while, I think. Back to square one, I guess. Maybe I'll cheer myself up with a trip to Sutliff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought my tenderloin was a little lumpy and crunchy last time I was there.

Oh well, cockroaches are high in fiber, right?

Your RHS said...

The best part was imagining the owner actually telling the health inspector, "What cockroaches? I don't see any!"

Skeptic Seeker said...

I went to the CR one a couple weeks ago and it was okay. At least as far as I saw. I think the restaurant's too new to sustain that level of filth, though I could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

"When (Brian Joens) asked what the complaint was, I pointed to the live roach on the counter top (across from the dish machine) next to me and said there was a complaint about roaches. His wife, Lisa, came around the corner behind me, saw the roach after I pointed it out and smashed it with her hand and brushed it off to the floor," the record of communications stated.

CLASSIC!