Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Not again

As some people can attest to, I lost my cool at the end of the 1999 Iowa/Western Michigan game when the Hawkeyes were completely whipped by a MAC team.

I see they're the last game of the 2007 schedule.

Do they run the spread? If so, there's not a single game left on the schedule that I'm confident Iowa will win.

How does a team go from 4 consecutive January bowl games to being the worst team in the Big Ten? I realize many of you think I'm exaggerating, but Iowa's offense is putrid, their defense is stale and predictable, and their special teams wouldn't cut it in the Gateway Conference, let alone the Big 1(1)0.

Unless Iowa proves they can pass the ball, they could be looking at 0-8 in the conference - something which was unthinkable even a couple of weeks ago.

A major house cleaning is in order for the coaching staff this winter, I'm afraid. I'm not sure why any talented defensive recruit would want to play at Iowa, and watching the offense this season, why would anyone from that side of the ball want to play here either?

Things are looking mighty bleak for the Hawkeyes at the moment. Consistently having walk-ons in the two-deeps on the offensive line MIGHT be catching up with them. Maybe. That and a whole slew of other problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the south endzone had to be renovated due to one RHA hitting his seat cushion on the bleacher, causing extensive damage after Iowa lost to Western Michigan.

EPIC moment!

Your RHS said...

If things don't improve, I'm already targeting Nov. 17 as Meltdown II.