Monday, October 8, 2007

Yeah

Let's see...how was the weekend in the world of RHS sports?

1. Hawkeyes spanked
2. Cubs spanked
3. Vikings downed by debilitating Bye Week Flu
4. This guy saw GAME DAY RON in the flesh at a local JV sporting contest

Number 4 saved what may have been an unbearable weekend. I had a sinking feeling the Cubs wouldn't be able to win a game in the desert, but I thought MAYBE they could sack up and win one at home. I hate being a delusional Cubs fan.

I suppose that last sentence was a little repetitive, wasn't it?

So - no more baseball, two flailing inept football teams to follow for the next few months... life is really great on the sports front.

This week's tailgate theme is our third annual chili cook off. I'm thinking that my current supply of habaƱero peppers isn't quite hot enough for this guy's taste, so I guess I'll have to figure out another way to spice things up...

On a side note - I broke out a tilde! What a Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your sports teams aren't doing well, especially since one of your sports teams is one of my sports teams. Hey, there is always next year, right? Anyway, I am giddy with excitement because I will be attending the Cowboys of Dallas hosting the Patriots of New England in a contest. I hope the Cowboys triumph by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H" for a most ripping victory.

Gilmore Girls Guy said...

Your use of a tilde made my eye twitch. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Bondurant-Farrar beat Albia 34-14, so suck it up and be a man.