Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Say it ain't so! (Part 2)


I was reminded by nothing in particular that someone of no real importance had told me Charles Nelson Reilly was no longer amongst the living.

I recoiled in horror, as certainly I would have heard that CNR passed away.

Turns out CNR has brought down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. At least he'll have Brett Somers to joke with in the great beyond. And Gene Rayburn. Having watched many an episode of Match Game '7?, it's a bit surprising some of the panelists made it into their old age. Only Richard Dawson - the man who fled Match Game when they wouldn't let him play every bonus round - remains. (Incidentally, didja know that it was Richard Dawson who introduced Bob Crane to John Carpenter? Yes, that is a chill you feel filling the room.)

While looking up that bit of sad CNR news, I got hit with another shot to the solar plexus - Robert Goulet has taken Red Ships of Spain on tour in the afterlife.

No longer will we see his nut ads.

No longer will he urge us to dream the impossible dream.

Sigh.

CNR gone? Robert Goulet gone? I have to say it - Your RHS is a little bummed.

1 comment:

Ose said...

Porter Wagoner, R.I.P.